Founder and VP Product at Zigi
Information Technology and Services | San Francisco Bay Area, US
I'm a product focussed entrepreneur with passion and experience spanning products, people and places. I have deep domain expertise in mobile location based services, mobile and location based advertising and location based communities.
Some of my career highlights are:
* Founder member and board member of the OpenStreetMap Foundation, which I've had the opportunity to see grow from an idea to represent over 1 million worldwide members.
* Founded CloudMade to bring powerful location tools and data to developers, grew from a seed startup to a business serving over 25,000 developers and the world's biggest OEMs (e.g. MiTAC, Magellan, Motorola, Lenovo) and enterprises (e.g. Transport for London, SAP).
* Part of a founding team at Zigi, where we work with the world's biggest retail brands and mobile game publishers to create a dramatically different mobile advertising model. Retail brands get guaranteed foot traffic, mobile game developers get high value advertising and game players have more fun than ever before.
I'm at my best at the center of game-changing movements, communities and startups. See some of the results of my work:
* Zigi powering Angry Birds' new location features with McDonald's: http://bit.ly/14CvM7w
* Magellan's new SmartGPS Ecosystem - powered by CloudMade: http://cnet.co/11HTkt3
* Life is Magic - a mobile game with maps powered by the Cloudmaps platform: http://bit.ly/11RsmL5
* Foursquare chooses OpenStreetMap: http://bit.ly/XLchFy